The EDIBLES ADVANTAGE
The wonders of smokeless cannabis
By now you’ve probably heard that medical cannabis has been effective in treating a variety of conditions. Here is some basic information about medicating with edibles:
- First, it’s important to understand that cannabinoids are fat-soluble, and their absorption through the digestive system is slower than by smoking and less predictable, being dependent upon the individual’s metabolism as well as the contents of their stomach. Onset may take 30 minutes to an hour, making it more difficult to determine an effective dose, especially for the novice patient.
- In addition, when taken orally, the medication gets metabolized through the liver before getting into the bloodstream. The liver converts the THC to another chemical called 11-hydroxy-THC, which is more psychoactive than THC, and so effects are often stronger than if inhaled or taken sublingually. The advantage is that effects last much longer, so a patient does not have to medicate as frequently. This can be helpful for many patients such as glaucoma sufferers or patients with chronic pain.
What is cannabis used for?
We hear patients report that using cannabis is helpful in treating symptoms of the following ailments:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- MS (Multiple sclerosis)
- HIV (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Crohn’s Disease
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Seizures of Adults and Children
- Chronic Pain
- Eating Disorders
- and many, many more.
Why cannabis in smokeless form?
- Many patients don’t care to or can’t inhale smoke
- Edibles full of sugars do not appeal to all patients so taking their medicine in a clean capsule or vaporizer form makes more sense
- Easily transportable, have your medicine readily available
- No carcinogens or chemicals from rolling papers
What’s so special about coconut oil?
Coconut oil is a medium-chain triglyceride and has many health benefits on its own. It contains high amounts of essential fatty acids as well as beneficial saturated fats. Coconut oil contains a very high amount of lauric acid – which is highly beneficial for the human immune system. Coconut oil contains more lauric acid than any known source – other than mothers-milk.
The EFAs that are found in coconut oil are processed directly in the liver. This process causes an increase in metabolism, while at the same time giving the patient an energy boost.
Want to shop direct? Join our collective, create an account, and order online today!